[HECnet] VT-62?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Sep 28 14:18:53 PDT 2013

On 09/27/2013 09:31 PM, Lee Gleason wrote:
I do recall that they were very   popular at newspaper sites, since the area
on them on the right side reserved for the wave graphics option was large
enough and easily accessible enough to hold a fifth of whiskey, which was an
important feature at a lot of newspaper sites.

  Many years ago, my old friend Richard Butler (may he rest in peace) ran a
company with a few friends out of his college dorm room at the University of
Maryland.   Computer Timeshare Corporation, CTSC.   They had a PDP-11/44 and a
smattering of terminals, mostly VT52s.   Of course none of them had the
optional printer installed (did anyone actually order that option??) and they
were well-known for carrying these terminals into and out of the dorm on a
regular basis, as they frequently set up temporary systems for things like
convention registration desks, etc.

  They used the VT52s' printer bays to smuggle booze into their dorm rooms. :-)

  I'm honored to have those very VT52s here.