[HECnet] VT-62?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Sep 28 01:43:45 PDT 2013

On 09/27/2013 08:36 PM, Bob Armstrong wrote:
      What can be done (non-destructive suggestions only, please) with a
VT-62?   This is NOT a VT52 (although it looks like one).   The VT62 is a
block mode terminal that, I think, actually speaks DDCMP.   AFAIK it's
incapable of being a plain ASCII terminal unless there's some hack I'm
unaware of.

  Right now the only thing I can think of is to part it out as spares
for my VT52.   I have two of the latter and it looks like at least some
of the major assemblies - CRT, keyboard, power supply - are identical.
I hate to do that, though, if there's a better use for it.

  I would write something cool to take advantage of its strengths.

  BTW, I received the KA820, thanks!!