[HECnet] Humour value alternative to DCL - a port OS/390 ISPF to VMS :)

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Mon Sep 30 20:38:49 PDT 2013

name but it was a blessing because the shell commands were beyond human

Ever try to write anything in JCL? :)

That language is messed up, I have about 3 books on it and still can't really figure out how it works except by direct copying scripts from the book to a live system. Sometimes I even manage to compile COBOL programs, but I haven't figured out the LINK EDITOR which one needs to turn the output into an executable.

Interesting experience though, might come in handy when I come across clients with big System z or S/390 setups..