[HECnet] Humour value alternative to DCL - a port OS/390 ISPF to VMS :)

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Sep 30 15:56:44 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-30 14:18, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> writes:

Make everything run and function smooth, tidy and efficient. I also have
a very strict ordering and system to my records, my books and god knows
what else...

Me too but not to the extent of be labeled OCD.

I don't think I know what OCD means...

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/obsessive-compulsive-disorder-ocd/index.shtml

Ah! Just did not make that connection from the TLA. But I know about the disorder. I don't think I come close to that either...

And I like straight angles when I draw on a paper. :-)
------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Me displaying bad mastering of the English language. :-)
I meant 90 degree angles. "Straight angles" comes from my Swedish. And
that's a literal translation of an expression, which in Swedish implies
90 degree angles. Expressions, as well as figures of speech, are
dangerous, because when translated to another language, might not at all
mean what you were thinking.

Fair enough.   I thought that it might be an idiom translation issue;
Although, it's a humorous read as an oxymoron.

True. :-)