[HECnet] Connecting to HECnet from DEC Legacy 19-20 Oct

Jarratt RMA robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Tue Sep 24 21:13:57 PDT 2013

I won't be home until the end of the week, I will try it this weekend.

Regards

Rob

On 24 September 2013 21:03, Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> wrote:
Ok, 5 lines. :)

first you need to enable DECnet routing:

decnet routing X.Y (where X.Y is the DECnet address you want to give it)
decnet node-type area

Then you need to add this to the interface that talks to your DECnet LAN
segment:

decnet cost 10

Then you need to allow my config tool to talk to your router:

access-list 10 permit 37.59.44.141
snmp-server community <community name> RW 10

Then you just need to get me all that info I asked for and we should be
good.

The machine running the config tool is down right now so I'm in no
hurry. :)

-brian