[HECnet] Connecting to HECnet from DEC Legacy 19-20 Oct

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Mon Sep 23 02:43:35 PDT 2013

sampsa	<sampsa at mac.com>
mobile +358 40 7208932

On 23 Sep 2013, at 03:05, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:

It's hard to describe Multinet with words that are printable.   It was designed by fools who never bothered to understand the DECnet architecture specifications and were utterly clueless about competent protocol design.   Avoid it if at all possible.

GRE tunneling is a good answer.   (So is SIMH DMC emulation, if both ends can speak it.)

Speaking of SIMH v4, I came across this in github:

Add sim_video and VAX QVSS (VCB01) Monochrome Video Board from Matt Burke

Does this mean we'll get a graphical version of SIMH VAX?

sampsa