[HECnet] Hooking up DECUSERVE / EISNER to HECnet?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Thu Sep 26 17:13:19 PDT 2013

I would think that, as a bunch of DECheads, many in the EISNER crowd
would very much enjoy exposure to some other DEC OSs that they likely
haven't seen in decades.

Could be another "selling point" to convince them to join, if our side is happy with inviting them.

I just think HECnet is very cool, has some great systems on it and feel we should share it with fellow DEC enthusiasts. EISNER is full of them.

VAXman, did you mention you had admin privs over there? Interested in running this idea by the other admins? Since nobody seems to mind on our side, I think we should send out an invite.

sampsa

PS: I think they run MULTINET so they wouldn't even need a bridge machine, just a UDP tunnel to someone else with MULTINET.

PPS: This is maybe 1/100th of the effort of merging with the Italian DECNET and probably would get us roughly the same amount of activity. It'd be silly not to at least suggest it :)