[HECnet] Hooking up DECUSERVE / EISNER to HECnet?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Sep 26 19:15:29 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-26 19:57, Dave McGuire wrote:
On 09/26/2013 01:54 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
I checked EISNER, and it's currently configured for area 11. I cannot =
see if there are any other DECnet nodes reachable from it (do not have =
privileges). It do indeed run Multinet.
=20

VAXman, is the DECNET on EISNER actually connected to anything?

Not likely.   There was a time but EISNER moved from the home of its old
caretaker (Terry Kennedy) to its new location and it is now just stand-
alone.

  SO close...I have most everything else DEC-related of Terry's.

Really!

    Yep.   Do you know Bill Gunshannon?

I once spent an afternoon with Terry in his place in Jersey City.   One would
never have guessed, from the looks of the place outside, what he had and was
running on the inside.

    I'll bet!   I myself never had the pleasure.

I've had plenty to do with Terry over the years, but I've never met him in person. How is he nowadays?

As an interesting note on stuff from Terry, in the early 90s, I shipped a crate of VAX 86x0 cards from Terry to Sweden. Unfortunately, they got lost somewhere along the way. Never saw or heard of that stuff again. :-(
But Terry was very nice to donate the stuff in the first place.