[HECnet] Hooking up DECUSERVE / EISNER to HECnet?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Thu Sep 26 18:54:45 PDT 2013

Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> writes:

On 09/26/2013 01:49 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
I checked EISNER, and it's currently configured for area 11. I cannot =
see if there are any other DECnet nodes reachable from it (do not have =
privileges). It do indeed run Multinet.
=20

VAXman, is the DECNET on EISNER actually connected to anything?

Not likely.   There was a time but EISNER moved from the home of its old
caretaker (Terry Kennedy) to its new location and it is now just stand-
alone.

SO close...I have most everything else DEC-related of Terry's.

Really!

I once spent an afternoon with Terry in his place in Jersey City.   One would
never have guessed, from the looks of the place outside, what he had and was
running on the inside.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG