[HECnet] Can't connect to MIM nodedb

Fred fcoffey at misernet.net
Fri Sep 27 03:37:25 PDT 2013

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013, Gregg Levine wrote:

I can arrange that! Well no I can't, but it fits my mood. Sampsa, what
that kludge used for sending e-mail out to the people at IBM(!) was OV
and it somehow kept working well into the availability of Notes.

OfficeVision, or PROFS I think it was called.   I actually could be rather productive with that. Had an account on a system back in 1998 that used it extensively.   Even had an email gateway to the Internet. (which was a rather big deal back then)   I think it ran on VM?   Would love to find a clone or rewrite (non-licensed) that ran on MVS 3.8J. :)

Apologies if this is too off-topic.

Fred