[HECnet] Can't connect to MIM nodedb

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Sep 26 23:52:41 PDT 2013

On 2013-09-26 22:46, Sampsa Laine wrote:
When I try accessing the web version of MIM's node database, I get a connection refused error, the URL is: 		        http://madame.update.uu.se/~bqt/nodedb

This literally started a few minutes ago.

Yep. The reason is that I'm rewriting my timer handling in my TCP/IP stack right now, so MIM is not that stable. :-)

Ah shame, I just added a function to my Pyffle conferencing software that uses the webpage to look up HECnet nodes..

Any idea when it'll be stable again? :)

Hopefully within an hour or so.

Actually it seems to work now. Shame it doesn't render that well in Lynx (not a criticism, nothing renders well in Lynx) so might write a bit of Python to pull the nodedb down and query it, display the results in a bit more user-friendly text format.

Yeah. Right now I'm trying to figure out why the retransmit timer don't seem to work as it should. Most of the time it isn't needed, so it mostly works fine. But I'm trying the odd bad behaviors...

MIM can go down on short notice right now, as I'm mucking in the kernel...