[HECnet] Public access?

Erik Olofsen e.olofsen at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 25 15:48:26 PDT 2013

Hi Sampsa,

I was considering updating the HECNET-INFO in INFO.TXT with an
ACCESS field. At present it contains:

REGISTER,NOGUEST,NOIP

The latter means it is not connected to the internet.

With the OS and hardware information, this may be useful for
people to see how they can get access to an interesting machine.

I hadn't played with FAL for many months, so I discovered the password
settings for the DECNET accounts and objects were inconsistent, probably
resulting in the security alarms I had mailed you about some time
ago (sorry)!

Erik