[HECnet] Public access?

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Wed Sep 25 15:27:52 PDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 11:48:39AM +0200, Sampsa Laine wrote:

Of course I am more worried about the non-DEC stuff which could be 'pwned' using a VMS or Ultrix system as a beachhead.

That's my concern as well, I really don't want to put my HECnet stuff on a separate VLAN, right now it's on my internal network with all my other stuff.

You don't?

SLACKER!   :)

Is it posible to deny an user access to the IP stack (either UCX or multinet)? If so, I would setup my guest accounts to 'decnet only' access.

I'd like to do this as well - if the user has no access to IP, I'd be happier to let pretty much anyone in.

I know you can do it with DECnet, but I don't know about IP. That would
be nifty if you could.

-brian