[HECnet] Public access?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Tue Sep 24 21:10:23 PDT 2013

sampsa	<sampsa at mac.com>
mobile +358 40 7208932

On 24 Sep 2013, at 22:07, Brian Hechinger <wonko at 4amlunch.net> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 10:01:06PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:

Yuck. While I won't prevent someone from doing this, regularly scraping
that file, hoping for a standardized, usable format, seems optimistic
and heavy. :-)

Yes, we keep trying that. It keeps failing. :)

Oh for God's sake we can agree on a one line CSV format LOL.

I'll write the scraper / parser, anything that doesn't parse doesn't go in the HTML.

As per my suggestion, the following fields should be included:

- System name
- Type
- Services offered
- Guest account?
- Registrable accounts?
- Telnet link

Example:

.BEGIN-PUBLIC-SERVICES
CHIMPY|AlphaServer DS10|VMS accounts, launch pad to other systems|No|Yes|telnet://chimpy.sampsa.com
.END-PUBLIC-SERVICES