[HECnet] Downloadble fonts into an VT220?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Wed Sep 18 11:53:42 PDT 2013

How to paint any kind of graphics into Terminal.app windows are beyond me. But if you want to play with soft fonts, or sixel graphis (or ReGIS), you need to intercept the incoming byte stream to Terminal.app, and then interpret that stuff to pull out what you are expected to display.

	Johnny

That was going to be my basic approach, write a little shim that looks for control chars and if it sees ReGIS/SIXEL it draws a canvas, otherwise it passes it along to Terminal.app..

Some guys did with PNGs and JPEGs in Python, this could be fun..

sampsa