[HECnet] Downloadble fonts into an VT220?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Wed Sep 18 09:23:50 PDT 2013

If you're looking for real world examples then Google is your friend.   There is a program floating around that converts gifs to sixel graphics that can be displayed using the soft character set on VT320 terminals.

Regards, Tim.

Yup, I converted some GIFs using NETPBM to Sixel graphics.

I wish there was a Mac or Windows terminal emulator capable of showing them..

Did you checkout VTstar?   That runs on Windows.   Although I'm not sure of the latest version it will work on.   I believe it works with Vista.   Here is the link anyway:

Sadly it doesn't work either. I'm tempted to write some kind of shim that would capture ReGIS / Sixel escape sequences and draw them on Terminal.app.

The protocols are pretty simple.