[HECnet] DECUS UUCP

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Sep 18 16:41:27 PDT 2013

On Wed, Sep 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:
This all looks very Unix-y -
Undoubtably

I think the DECUS UUCP had some changes that made it work in a VMS way..
IIRC, it did.   But it's been a long time since I messed with those bits.   I hope you find the binaries - did you look on DECUSlib.com?
The important thing that I >>thought<< DECUS did was hook into MAIL-11.

BTW: the BBN "Phone-Net" stuff for CS-NET had similar but different functionality.    That ran on VMS and PDP-10's (was written in Pascal IIRC) but used called into the native MTA (I think).   It also had something called PDMF which replaced the MTA