[HECnet] If you're in the US, check this out

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Tue Sep 10 13:32:16 PDT 2013

On 10/09/2013 12:46, Mark Benson wrote:
Would I be a mile out if I thought the CPU board was the same board they used in the PWS series Alpha/Pentium systems. They also used 21164s on a slot-in board with a sepsrate backplane board for ISA/PCI?

Also anyone got any idea what OSs these run. I know some other DEC flavour industrial machines are restricted and won't run VMS?

Sampsa Laine <sampsa at mac.com> wrote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dec-Digital-Alpha-21164-500-Mhz-PICMG-DMCC-Industrial-Computer-/130987354043?pt=UK_VintageComputing_RL&hash=item1e7f7467bb

No bids and it's pretty low priced for now..

sampsa <sampsa at mac.com>
mobile +358 40 7208932

--
Mark Benson
It will run all DIGITAL operating systems. It is a Takara apparently.

Regards, Mark.