[HECnet] Problems getting decnet configured on IA64 VMS 8.4

Mark Wickens mark at wickensonline.co.uk
Mon Apr 7 08:47:19 PDT 2014

On 2014-04-06 23:24, Mark Wickens wrote:
On 06/04/2014 20:54, zonnet wrote:
What do you get on:
$ Mc ncp sho node mim all
$ Mc ncp sho node 1.13 all
$ mcr ncp show node mim

Node Volatile Summary as of   6-APR-2014 21:22:58

%NCP-W-UNRCMP, Unrecognized component , Node

$ mcr ncp show node mim all
%NCP-E-SYNTAX, command syntax error
  MIM \ALL\
$

$ mcr ncp show node 1.13

Node Volatile Summary as of   6-APR-2014 21:24:20

        Node                     State           Active   Delay     Circuit         Next node
                                                            Links

  1.13                       unreachable
$

Two comments:

1) 1.13 unreachable seems like you have some kind of a connectivity problem.

2) Based on the effect of various commands: are you running phase V?
If so, the NCP command there is just a wrapper, and only supports a subset of NCP, and you are pretty screwed.

      Johnny

Hi folks

Well I'm not sure what order of events prevented decnet working yesterday but I booted TSR2 this morning and hecnet connectivity was working.

Yesterday TSR2 was booted before the decnet bridge was up and running, I wonder if that caused any issues?

Regards, Mark.

--
    http://www.wickensonline.co.uk
    http://hecnet.eu