[HECnet] Fans for DS10/XP900

Fred fcoffey at misernet.net
Wed Feb 19 05:46:03 PST 2014

Hi ...

With a spat of warm weather approaching I think it's time to refresh some fans in my XP900 system - one of them (front left, closest to the faceplate) was very noisy last evening so I shut things down and broke out the canned air for a cleaning.   Now she's quiet for the moment.

Looking at the normal sources for made-for-Alpha parts, a fan kit runs $250!   Whoa.   That's about what I paid for the XP900 and a bit steep for a hobbyist... :(

Any specs where I could find out what type of fans they are and just purchase them from the local electronics wholesaler?   Size, pins, etc.

Thanks,

Fred
(who is hoping this isn't too offtopic since a good percentage of us here run DEC gear) :)

----
Lets call it for what it is - "legacy" is a term that people use in a
polite but derogatory manner to imply that the future direction they
prefer is not that which they view as the current direction.