RSTS/E tapes, was Re: [HECnet] two dumb RSX questions

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Mon Feb 17 11:10:52 PST 2014

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:

On Feb 16, 2014, at 9:15 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

What're the requirements for RSTS/E 10.1? I think I managed to fit it in 40M very carefully in simh once?

40 MB of disk?   That?s almost an RM03 worth of space.   10.1 certainly wants more than older releases, but that sounds like plenty.

I seem to recall I got it to fit "comfortably" in 40M in simh.   It took a bit of fiddling and I didn't have endless free disk, but I had enough.

Come to think of it, my PRO has less than that.

As for memory, I think 124 kW (max memory on 18 bit machines) is required.

Hey, I have more than that!

	paul

--
Cory Smelosky