[HECnet] tape image manipulations...

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sun Feb 16 05:33:49 PST 2014

Many thanks.
I think we all have created a library of tape tools over the years.    I'll put on my todo this to get my set together.

As for the OSX lack of mtio.h - i've just pulled it from FreeBSD and never had an issue - obviously there is not driver. I 100% agree -- it does seems nuts and I've b*tched at my friends at Apple about it a few times.    Another thing I have on my todo list is try to slide the drivers back into an hackintosh i had running on a vm in a system that has an old DEC/Adaptec PCI card in it that I still use for SCSI tapes.    That said, when I have needed the tape I've just used the BSD driver on the base system.

Clem