[HECnet] EISNER?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Jan 16 10:19:12 PST 2014

On 2014-01-16 09:18, Bob Armstrong wrote:
Multinet is horribly unreliable because it is based
on a fundamentally defective protocol design.

      Really ?   I've been using it for years and haven't noticed this.

Multinet tunnels work just fine most of the time, but Paul is right in that they do abuse things.

    The HECnet bridge, OTOH, crashes regularly.   It doesn't seem to recover
gracefully from network hiccups.

Huh? Since it's totally stateless that is weird. Let me know if you actually want me to look at it. Also, I've never had it crash, but the code is far from pretty, and depending on compiler and environment, I can believe that there are subtle bugs to be found.

    Don't have a Cisco, so I can't comment on that.

:-)