[HECnet] Which is THE dec printer?

Bill Pechter pechter at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 10:48:08 PST 2014

Damned sorry I turned my future wife down for a similar thing back at Pyramid... I was sure someone would walk past the computer room's big glass windows when I worked there.

Would've been something to remember.

Good old days... but someone was always working late or on weekends... Field service always came in for parts or someone from training would be in to prep a machine up.
(which was the main reason I was there then...)

I don't think on top of the MIServer was possible without a step stool or ladder to get up there though and the MIS2 box was low enough but too damned small.

Bill

--
   d|i|g|i|t|a|l had it THEN.   Don't you wish you could still buy it now!
  pechter-at-gmail.com

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 1:42 PM, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
On 01/16/2014 10:01 AM, Mark Wickens wrote:
> It *almost* makes me want to get the missus to drape herself over an
> Alphaserver, or such like... ;)

   We may be skirting the edge here, but I've Done The Deed atop a VAX-8700.

   It's now Sridhar's machine, but it was thoroughly cleaned. =)