[HECnet] Which is THE dec printer?

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed Jan 15 15:41:45 PST 2014

On Wed, 15 Jan 2014, Dave McGuire wrote:

On 01/15/2014 06:31 PM, Cory Smelosky wrote:
The LA120 was the de facto console terminal for the VAX-11/78*s.   One
reason
why I have three; albeit, one has been cannibalized for parts.

I only have one!

I'm sure Dave could spare another, though...;)

No...I'm interested in sending some of my too-old-to-run yet
too-new-to-collect gear, like the remaining two Sun Fire 6800s.   As for
vintage stuff, vintage DEC stuff in particular, I am in acquisition
mode.   I've only sent stuff along to you because I'm trying to support
your learning and restoration efforts.

Ahhhh.   I can understand that.   I said it mostly-jokingly, anyway. ;) I'm not quite sure where I'll put THIS one...let alone more. ;)

Thanks for supporting my learning and restoration.   I just need to get those bootstrap modules and a working DEC floppy drive.

I'll gladly take a 6800. ;)

I can make COMPLETE use of 24 processors!   As it'll take a IV...that's dual-core right?   Meaning...48 cores!

*me mumbles something about a buildbox*

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects