[HECnet] Decent OS X terminal that'll let me keys?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Mon Jan 6 10:35:19 PST 2014

On 2014-01-06 18:32, Paul_Koning at Dell.com wrote:
Sure, that would make sense.   Color; sixel; other good things.   But the first requirement would be strict conformance to the spec.

Yes, which pretty much rules out everything except xterm. :-)
xterm had DEC people involved, so I have at least some confidence that they might have checked it against some specs, and not just made up their own assumptions.

As far as "colored terms with graphics" goes, I'm not sure what terminal emulators Sampsa would be thinking of. xterm definitely supports ANSI color sequences, as an extension, and like has been mentioned, there is now also Sixel support (although that is far from perfect yet). If we get that a bit more improved, soft fonts is not that far away afterwards, and then we'll have a proper VT220, and so on. I talked a bit with the person writing the sixel support about soft fonts a few weeks ago. It might happen...

	Johnny

	paul