[HECnet] Decent OS X terminal that'll let me keys?

Sampsa Laine sampsa at mac.com
Sun Jan 5 10:44:56 PST 2014

On 5 Jan 2014, at 20:40, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

On 2014-01-05 18:01, Sampsa Laine wrote:
Yeah, thinking of going that route, even though Xterm does look like crap and isn't really well integrated into the rest of OS X.

Looks like crap? Not sure I agree with that. It does not have a lot of eye candy and similar drivel. Instead it just looks like a terminal - which is what I think it should look like.

Ok, that's a tad harsh, but let's say it doesn't visually integrate well with the rest of the UI. If I didn't care about this stuff I wouldn't be on an OS X box, but seriously, the xterm UI is abysmal (Want to change the font or say background colour? Oh, edit .Xresources - WTF?!?).

Oh and there's so simple way of doing copy/cut/paste between it and other apps - I'll stick to Terminal.app / iTerm which (I just found out) support the keymappings out of the box too, probably because they used the same code base as xterm.

As for the sixel support, my bad,it wasn't Erik who wrote it, he's just been messing around with sixels a lot lately.