[HECnet] Latest version of VWS

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Jun 11 03:42:43 PDT 2014

On 06/10/2014 10:39 PM, Lee Gleason wrote:

I'd do the same...except the cable doesn't provide an internal SCSI
port...does it?   I don't have any cables spare that would work I don't
think.

You'd need the expansion plate, I believe, because it provided the
interface
to the external disk and the rudimentary SCSI for the TK50Z.

Connection-wise, all it takes is a 50 pin cable from the 50 pin IDC
connector on the motherboard to a 50 pin narrow SCSI disk. I bolted the
disk into the compartment in the unit where the RD54 was (used rubber
spacers under it to suppress the noise even more).

  ...but it still goes "rrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!" when it loads heads! ;)