[HECnet] Latest version of VWS

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed Jun 11 00:50:55 PDT 2014

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> writes:

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

Has the startup actually completed?   The STARTUP process must complete and
exit before the DECWindows server can take control.

It gave the normal disk usage and time prompt, so I believe so.

...How the hell do I send VMSBACKUP files via ftp?   ASCII and BINARY both
corrupt it.

what was the blocking on the backup?   FTP it binary and then use SET FILE
/ATTRIBUTES to correct the VMS file attributes.   OR... $ ZIP "-V" on VMS
and send the ZIP file.   The "-V" (UPPERCASE V so it must be quoted) will
preserve the VMS file attributes.

8192.   Looks like SET FILE/ATTRIB=LRL:8192 EWS012.A allowed BACKUP/LIST EWS012.A/SAVE to succeed.

Don't feel bad, I've been dealing with this for 20 years when trying to get
VMS crash dump files from customers sent to me in tact via the internet. ;)

I'm impressed I figured out that LRL was the value I wanted. ;)

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff