[HECnet] Latest version of VWS

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Wed Jun 11 00:34:43 PDT 2014

Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> writes:

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

I'd do the same...except the cable doesn't provide an internal SCSI
port...does it?   I don't have any cables spare that would work I don't
think.

You'd need the expansion plate, I believe, because it provided the interface
to the external disk and the rudimentary SCSI for the TK50Z.

Ahh.

Now...I'm confused as hell here.

I have SYS$STARTUP:DECW$STARTUP running...and I have a mouse cursor on the
VR290...but I'm not getting a DECwindows LOGINOUT prompt.   Is it memory
related?

Has the startup actually completed?   The STARTUP process must complete and
exit before the DECWindows server can take control.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG