[HECnet] Latest version of VWS

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue Jun 10 22:51:41 PDT 2014

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> writes:

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

has 4M or 6M.   I'd love to have one of the 16M clearpoint boards, though.=

The max for the 2000 was 14M.

Apparently Clearpoint made a 16M board with a patched ROM.

I don't remember that.   Both of my 2000s have the 12M option which, coupled
with the on-board 2M totals out at 14M.   Both also have the expansion plate
and external drive options; however, I don;t use them because those Maxtor
XT2190s (RD54s) are so damn loud.   I have V6.something on both which I setup
with Snapshot fastboot configuration.   It was pretty cool to get them up and
running VMS in about 15 seconds from the dead sergeant.   Still too damn slow
those 2000 were for most anything useful.

Heh.   Yeah.   I certainly need more RAM...I'm also currently doing a network boot. ;)

I picked it up as at $100 + shipping I could finally format MFM drives. ;)

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff