[HECnet] Emulated XQ polling timer setting and data overrun

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Thu Jun 5 12:58:56 PDT 2014

On 2014-06-05 02:38, Jean-Yves Bernier wrote:
[...]
I have tested commit 753e4dc9 on Mac OS 10.6, no virtualization. Both
simh instances run on the same hardware. XQ set to different MAC
addresses, since this is now enforced.

Asynchronous network/disk IO may explain the uncommon transfer speed
(I
have filled a   RM03 in seconds).

Interesting. I still have real network issues with the latest simh
talking to a real PDP-11 sitting on the same physical network. So you
seem to have hit sime other kind of limitation or something...

Can you elaborate on these 'real network issues'?

This is the first I've heard of anything like this.

I have not had any experience with a real PDP11 talking to a simh PDP or VAX, but in the past there were no issues with multiple simh VAX simulators talking to real VAX systems on the same LAN.

Let me know.

Thanks.

- Mark