[HECnet] Phase II

Paul Koning paul_koning at dell.com
Thu Jun 5 01:38:02 PDT 2014

Are there any Phase II implementations out there that could be downloaded and run on an emulator such as SIMH?   DECnet/E for RSTS V7 would be great since I know that well, but something else would also be interesting.

I   m trying to make my DECnet/Python allow Phase II, as opposed to the standard one version back backward compatibility.   That   s not documented but it is perfectly doable.   Finding a real test system is the tricky part.

It would be really neat to be able to find one that uses the marginally documented    intercept    feature.   Does anyone here know where that was used?   I have a vague impression that TOPS-10 and/or TOPS-20 treated the front end PDP-11 like another node. so that would be the relay node and the 10 or 20 the end node in a Phase II star network.   Is that correct?

	paul