[HECnet] Parallel computing using DECnet

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu May 1 05:10:13 PDT 2014

On Thu, 1 May 2014, Dave McGuire wrote:

On 04/30/2014 08:18 PM, Jovan Trujillo wrote:
This is what got me interested in HECnet:
http://www.math.uni-trier.de/~ries/pcud32.pdf
<http://www.math.uni-trier.de/%7Eries/pcud32.pdf>
Have you guys ever banded together to solve a few math problems with
this network?
I would be interested in learning how to do it.

That would be LOTS of fun.   I'm in!

I'm in, too.

I'm even more interested if we could do it with (or including)
PDP-11s.   Many of my PDP-11s have serious floating point hardware.

I'd totally add my 11/44 to it. ;) (Still need to pick up that PSU...)

Speaking of PDP-11s, has your intermediary gotten the haul from VCF your way yet?

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects