[HECnet] QNA Data overrun (Was: Same MAC address)

Jean-Yves Bernier bernier at pescadoo.net
Mon May 26 00:37:28 PDT 2014

At 1:00 AM +0200 26/5/14, Johnny Billquist wrote:

Well, that is not the full story... :-)

10.1>NCP SHO NOD 10.2 COU

Node counters as of 30-MAR-82 00:21:30

Remote node = 10.2 (SNAKE)

            1266   Seconds since last zeroed
        272319   Bytes received
            1723   Bytes sent
              821   Messages received
              373   Messages sent
                  1   Connects received
                  4   Connects sent
                  0   Response timeouts
                  0   Received connect resource errors
                  2   Node maximum logical links active

10.2>NCP SHO NOD 10.1 COU

Node counters as of 30-MAR-82 01:10:34

Remote node = 10.1 (SHARK)

            4212   Seconds since last zeroed
          13475   Bytes received
      1382813   Bytes sent
            2626   Messages received
            5177   Messages sent
                26   Connects received
                  2   Connects sent
                73   Response timeouts
                  0   Received connect resource errors
                  3   Node maximum logical links active

Summary of my last experiments:

Node A & node B inside VirtualBox (Linux) : that's the configuration i am running since the beginning of this discussion.

Node A & node B on a same MacMini (BSD). VirtualBox out of the loop.
=> same problem.

Node A on a MacPro, node B on the MacMini. VirtualBox out of the loop again.
=> same problem.

Node A inside VirtualBox Linux (MacPro), node B on the MacMini (BSD).
=> same problem.

We can rule out VirtualBox.

We can rule out a Linux/BSD/pcap problem.

We can rule out running multiple nodes on the same host (MAC addresses, etc).

Two versions of simh were used, 3.6 and 3.9, in Mac and Linux build.

[ Note: since simh 3.7, set console pchar=37777777777 if you want to use EDT/RMD/NTD at the console, took me an hour to figure. ]

--
Jean-Yves Bernier