[HECnet] OVMS AXP emacs?

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri May 30 22:28:45 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-30 21:08, Bob Armstrong wrote:
the stupid CONFIGURE brain damage.

    I saw that - a 500 block DCL script is kinda scary, but at least it
doesn't crash.

Personally, I'm happy with vi on unix and EDT on VMS.

    EDT (and EVE) are really only useful to me if I have a real VTxxx
keyboard.   My right hand knows all the keypad sequences, and can't be
reprogrammed for any PC key layout.

Agree.

    vi is, well, evil.   The only command I know is :quit! (gotta have the
bang!) for the few times I accidentally get into it :-)

Agree twice on that. :-)

  Emacs is just way too heavyweigh with unnecessary features.

    You mean "gnu emacs..." and with that I absolutely agree, but I don't know
any other emacs alternative that's been ported to VMS.

AMIS.