[HECnet] OVMS AXP emacs?

Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- system at TMESIS.COM
Fri May 30 20:43:53 PDT 2014

"Bob Armstrong" <bob at jfcl.com> writes:

the stupid CONFIGURE brain damage.

I saw that - a 500 block DCL script is kinda scary, but at least it
doesn't crash.

Personally, I'm happy with vi on unix and EDT on VMS.

EDT (and EVE) are really only useful to me if I have a real VTxxx
keyboard.   My right hand knows all the keypad sequences, and can't be
reprogrammed for any PC key layout.

Stop using PeeCee keyboards... they're generally horrible to begin with and
then, there's the issue of the odd layout.

--
VAXman- A Bored Certified VMS Kernel Mode Hacker       VAXman(at)TMESIS(dot)ORG