[HECnet] "Dropped by adjacent node" ....

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Fri May 30 16:09:23 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-30 15:18, Bob Armstrong wrote:
The ethernet bridge would, in my eyes be preferred to two or three reliable
PTP links.

    In your eyes the bridge program between two nodes, communicating via
psilo, would be preferred to one reliable PtP link between the same two
nodes?

No. Direct links are almost always preferrable. But you scenario would be equally well solved using 3,4,5 as costs. Using 10,20,30 makes several hops over ptp links be preferred over the (one or) two hops on the bridge.
I'd say that the one or two hops on the bridge is better than two ptp links, and might be as good as one hop on a ptp link as well.