[HECnet] "Dropped by adjacent node" ....

Jarratt RMA robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Wed May 28 13:19:20 PDT 2014

Higher up the thread there was mention of using DDCMP, and also of the fact that missing 3 hello messages will cause the adjacency to go down.

Well, the user mode router I have written implements DDCMP now, over TCP. It still has some strange issues that I need to resolve, and  it is only passive (ie it won't initiate a connection to a peer). But, it is mostly there otherwise. You can work around the passiveness by using SIMH at the other end and using the emulated DMC11.

Additionally, while I implement the 3 hello limit for Ethernet circuits (BC3TMULT in the routing spec), that could be changed quite easily to be a higher limit, but you would need the router to be configured the same way at both ends of the link for that to work.

Regards

Rob

On 28 May 2014 07:47, Pontus Pihlgren <pontus at update.uu.se> wrote:
On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 11:13:05PM +0200, Peter Lothberg wrote:

> (I might even find a switch that does it right and send it to Update)

If you do, we'll try not to procrastinate setting it up for a year :-)

/P