[HECnet] "Dropped by adjacent node" ....

Tue May 27 20:09:13 PDT 2014

On May 27, 2014, at 3:00 PM, Bob Armstrong <bob at jfcl.com> wrote:

...   The hello timer on circuit QNA-1 on LEGATO
(which is what I assume to be the relevant parameter here) is set to 15
seconds.   I don't know what the corresponding timeout is on the MIM side,
but maybe Johnny will tell us.   In any case, changing the QNA-1 hello timer
to 5 seconds just for fun didn't seem to make much difference, so the
problem is likely that packets are being lost somewhere.

Also, in Phase IV the hello timer value is sent in the hello message, and that value times 3 (or 2) is used for the listen timer.   So the timeout at MIM is caused by no hellos from LEGATO for 45 seconds.

	paul