QBUS sound [Was: Re: [HECnet] Parallel computing using DECnet]

Jean-Yves Bernier bernier at pescadoo.net
Tue May 20 18:48:36 PDT 2014

At 5:52 PM +0200 20/5/14, Johnny Billquist wrote:

Discontinued.

Of course... :-(

To new readers, let me introduce me.

I was the operator of nodes 10.1 (SHARK) and 10.2 (SNAKE) until I had to reorganize (== shrink) my server facility and flip the HECNET switch off on July 2010.

SHARK and SNAKE have resurrected from 4 years in limbo, thanks to VirtualBox. They are PDP's running 11M+. I even discovered a forgotten 10.3 (SQUID), with sysgened PC11 to spool data from/to Unix pipes.

That was the opportunity to check HECNET community health, and I am pleased to see it is in great form. This list is one of the more active I subscribe to. I was surprised to see 10.1 and 10.2   in MADAME's nodes table. Is this for real? I thought they had been purged or reassigned for long.

Virtualization had the side effect to move simh from Mac OS X to Linux, and things are much more simpler and up-to-date (Apple don't care BSD besides its own needs).

I am now trying to install DECNET for Linux. This will allow to move large sound files from the ancient world to the present.

--
Jean-Yves Bernier