[HECnet] XXDP 2.5 on 11/23+

Wed May 28 19:52:51 PDT 2014

On May 28, 2014, at 2:19 PM, Cory Smelosky <b4 at gewt.net> wrote:

On Wed, 28 May 2014, Johnny Billquist wrote:

I would guess on a bad XXDP image, since XXDP requires almost nothing working. If RSRS/E and RSX works then I can't imagine XXDP not working.

As soon as I figure out how the hell to write a disk image from RSTS/E I'll try a new image. ;)

Can't MOUNT FOREIGN so I need to read more manuals it appears.

On RSTS, to access a disk without using the RSTS file system (   non file structured mode   ) you don   t mount it, you just refer to the device name.   For example, in BASIC you   d use the device name in an OPEN statement, without a file name part:    open    db0:    as file 1%

You need privs for this     logged in as 1,x under V8 or older, WRTNFS privs on V9 or later (which typically are set on 1,x accounts).

	paul