[HECnet] RSX-11 booted!

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sun May 25 15:06:52 PDT 2014

On Sun, 25 May 2014, Johnny Billquist wrote:

Yeah.   I'm skimming the Manager's guide (which doesn't actually have the
commands.   Seriously.   There are blank spaces where the command should be)

I think you've found a scan where anything in red turned invisible. There are other scans of the manuals that are better.

Glad good scans exist! ;)

Ahhhhhhh.   That makes much more sense, thanks!

It all makes sense, once you know it. :-)

Yup.

Ahhhhhhhh.   I was thinking of it in VMS terms.

Hmm. Terminals are not privileged under VMS, I thought. I though it was users who have various privileges.

I was trying to apply user privilege systems to the terminal stuff. Whoops!

Good thing I've not managed to make the console unprivileged. ;)

Yes. If you make it non-privileged, you will not be able to turn it back to privileged again, since that is a privileged command... :-)

Yeah. ;)

However, by default, the system manager account has the password "SYSTEM" if I remember right. And that leaves you logged in with privileges...

Yup!

Also: it's up!

Event type 4.15, Adjacency up
Occurred 25-MAY-14 10:04:39 on node 9.4 (MANDY)
Circuit QNA-0
Adjacent node = 9.1023 (A9RTR)

...that does not however mean it WORKS.

MOIRA::CSMELOSKY$ set host mandy
%SYSTEM-F-PROTOCOL, network protocol error

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects