[HECnet] RSX-11 booted!

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Sun May 25 14:55:25 PDT 2014

On Sun, 25 May 2014, Johnny Billquist wrote:

Yeah.   I followed the install manual.   Thought I configured it for an RA81.

The type of size of the disk don't matter. When you restore the tape image to disk, it will use the same parameters as the original disk the back was created from, unless you explicitly override it. And the disk that the installation tape is created from have very few headers, so that a restore is pretty much ensured to succeed no matter what the destination disk might be...

Whoops.   By configured I meant to say "defined MAX and HEADERS".

Anyway, yes, what you should have done is specify a non-default for
maximum number of file headers when you restored the original system
to disk using the BRUSYS system.
I THINK I did that...but I was doing so many different installs in SIMH
the past few days I could've been thinking of another one.

Suspect you missed it in the end.

Yeah, I have to have.

Anyways, dropped to BRUSYS and copied from DU0 to DU1 in SIMH and had
everything copied in 30 seconds.   Booting MVII cluster node to copy the
new image as we speak.

Good.

Looks like the VAX finished copying the image.   Shutting it down now.

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects