[HECnet] RSX-11 booted!

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu May 22 13:12:44 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-22 11:26, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On Thu, 22 May 2014, Cory Smelosky wrote:

What the hell?

boot [1,54]RSX11M.SYS
SYSTEM FAULT DETECTED AT PC=042714   FACILITY=000300   ERROR CODE=000110
CRASH -- CRASH DRIVER NOT LOADED

boot [1,54]rsx11m.sys
***EXEC PARITY ERROR STOP***

025746
@025746/000310

Uh.   This doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

That sounds like a memory parity error to me...

I was just skimming through the memory board's manual for its parity
settings to see if perhaps it was disabled.   Or enabled.

Doesn't look like there's a jumper for that. :(

Perhaps I have the model without parity...

I've never seen a board with the ability to disable parity...
The "***EXEC PARITY ERROR STOP***" message is when you get a parity error in the memory where the kernel resides.
RSX can deal with memory errors in other parts of the memory, by just making that memory unavailable for programs to use. But it cannot do this with the parts that the kernel use, so then it panics instead.

First bugcheck is essentially an illegal instruction in kernel mode.
(Error code=110 is illegal instruction, while facility=300 means the executive.)