[HECnet] RSX-11 setback

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed May 21 08:19:56 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-21 01:45, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On Wed, 21 May 2014, Johnny Billquist wrote:

...is my backplane not 22-bit?!   I know very very little about it.

http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/clearpoint/Clearpoint_QRAM-22B_User_Information_Manual.pdf

is the RAM board,

http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/cmd/MAN-000420-000_CQD-420_May94.pdf

is my SCSI controller.\

I tried a MicroVAX II in this backplane earlier and it...errr started to
smoke and the little display panel just said F.

Smoked the uVAX? That's a bad sign. I would otherwise have guessed
that maybe your memory card is not actually strapped to address 0 when
you look at all 22 bits?

Yeah!   It smoked the   VAX II! It could've been user error...but how the
hell could I plug the breakout in wrong and have it smoke?!

Starting to think the backplane mayyyyy be wonky.

I have some vague memory that the 4 high address bits initially had power on them before they were redesignated. And that would explain your smoke...