[HECnet] RSX-11 setback

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Wed May 21 00:45:51 PDT 2014

On Wed, 21 May 2014, Johnny Billquist wrote:

...is my backplane not 22-bit?!   I know very very little about it.
http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/clearpoint/Clearpoint_QRAM-22B_User_Information_Manual.pdf
is the RAM board,
http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/cmd/MAN-000420-000_CQD-420_May94.pdf
is my SCSI controller.\
I tried a MicroVAX II in this backplane earlier and it...errr started to
smoke and the little display panel just said F.

Smoked the uVAX? That's a bad sign. I would otherwise have guessed that maybe your memory card is not actually strapped to address 0 when you look at all 22 bits?

Yeah!   It smoked the   VAX II! It could've been user error...but how the hell could I plug the breakout in wrong and have it smoke?!

Starting to think the backplane mayyyyy be wonky.

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects