[HECnet] RSX-11 setback

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Wed May 21 00:00:25 PDT 2014

On 2014-05-20 23:25, Cory Smelosky wrote:
On Tue, 20 May 2014, Johnny Billquist wrote:

I would not think so. If you have a device driver for something that
there is no hardware for, the device should just become offline.

That's what I was thinking...but for the sake of troubleshooting it
stayed on the table.

Fair enough. But no, RSX should deal fine with a device not actually being there.

Not sure exactly what you configured, but maybe something wrong in
all your answers... :-)

I'll grab the log when back at my desk.

That could help. :-)

https://ghostbin.com/paste/zo8dc

Ok. So the only funny thing in here is that it is detecting a device at CSR 160404. Autoconfiguration says it should be a tape controller, but I suspect it is not... :-)
However, since you later configure the tape controller to another address anyway, there shouldn't even be anything poking at that device, so I would not expect it to cause any trouble...

Could you paste the result of the output from the SYSGEN as well. There are some other bits that can be interested later on.

What garbage that might be left in memory should not be a problem.
Memory always have content...

Mmm.   right.   I'm out of ideas then.

We need to learn more... :-)