[HECnet] RSTS/E is really picky

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue May 20 22:29:10 PDT 2014

On Tue, 20 May 2014, Johnny Billquist wrote:

pleasant.   M (non +) runs great on F11-based systems anyway.

I don't know (remember) what I might have said. But depending on different things, running M+ on an 11/23 or 11/24 can be a little painful. But running 11M in general is more painful than M+ anyway, so I would at least recommend trying M+.

The baseline of M+ (4.6) doesn't even boot on non-split processors in simh.

(That said, without split I/D-space, you'll have preciously little pool
space, but that might not be a big issue for you right here.)

    I think that was why.

Yeah. Without supervisor mode and split I/D-space, you will have very little system pool. If you are not running a bunch of things on the system, you should still be able to survive though.
Oh, and my TCP/IP will not work on those systems.

So long as I can still run DECnet i'll be fine.

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects