[HECnet] RSTS/E is really picky

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Tue May 20 16:06:42 PDT 2014

On Tue, 20 May 2014, Johnny Billquist wrote:

4.6M+'s SYSGEN and it wouldn't accept 11/23 as an answer.

The difference between the 11/23 and 11/23+ is the amount of memory. The original 11/23 could not go above 256K... If you have more, then you actually have an 11/23+.

My memory board is third-party.   Looks like it's truncating my memory then. ;)

(That said, without split I/D-space, you'll have preciously little
pool space, but that might not be a big issue for you right here.)
Probably not.   I'll only have one disk in use at a time really.

Pool space is used for many things, but with just one user, and few things running, not much pool is needed.

Ahh.   I must be thinking of...buffer space?

Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff
http://gimme-sympathy.org Projects